Eye examinations are an important way of monitoring your general health and maintaining your eyes at their optimum focus. We recommend sight examinations on a 2 yearly basis, exceptions being children, contact lens wearers and people with certain medical conditions who should be seen annually.
After noting any history or eye symptoms you may have, our Optometrists will carry out detailed examinations to determine your refractive error and the general health of your eyes and surrounding tissues. Supplementary examinations may be carried out if necessary.
NHS sight examinations are available to people who fall into the following categories:
- Children under 16 yrs of age
- Students aged 16-18 who receive full time education.
- People aged 60 and over
- Personal history of Diabetes or Glaucoma
- People aged 40 and over who have a close family member with Glaucoma
- Those receiving Income Support, Jobseekers Allowance and certain categories of Pension Credit and Tax Credit
- People advised by an Ophthalmologist that they are at risk of developing Glaucoma
- People who are partially sighted or registered blind
- Those who are entitled to a complex voucher in view of their high prescription
- Those who have applied for and been granted an HC2 exemption certificate
Private sight examinations of 30 mins. duration are available on request.Book an Appointment